The beauty and elegance of arched windows should be completed with a window treatment. This is because an arched window only is not enough to give a maximum decorative look to your home. Arched window treatments are available to give you an opportunity to decorate your room. You don’t need to confuse what should be used since the options are varied.
The special window treatment for arched windows is swags. So, this can be the best option if you are looking for the right arched window treatments. You can install it to just lightly skim across the upper trim of the arch window. After that, you can use a drape that will hang nicely from the swag to create natural shape and curve of the arch window. If you want to have more privacy, you can choose a sheer fabric curtain that will cover the lower glass section of the window. You can also use curtain to decorate an arched window.
You can use dark metal curtain rods and hang a curtain and drapery panels on the curved rods. This will help you create a vertical line to add the sense of height in the arched window. It is also a good way to create a longer arched window impression. The curtain used should be long to make the arch window the focal point of the room. You can also hang a curtain up to the arch and leave the top of the arch bare. Blind can be another window treatment that can be installed in your arch window.
This will help you control the amount of lights that will enter your room. If your window is long and narrow, you need to use horizontal blinds, bur if your window is wide, you can use vertical windows. So, there are some arched window treatments you can use to decorate your arch window and maximize the look of your window.
Also Read: What Are The Best Lawn Mower Brands
Creating Shabby Chic Window Treatments
The shabby chic style has taken the world by storm. It’s romantic sensibilities and cottage setting create a light and airy vibe. Shabby chic window treatments bring a room together by spreading a specific color or pattern throughout the room. In this way, the window treatments provide a foundation for the room as accessories and furniture become linked to the tone established in the window treatments. Here are some pointers for creating a shabby chic window treatments:
- The shabby chic style is filled with translucent patterns, light colors, distressed furniture, and vintage furniture pieces. The style also allows natural light to fill the space. Keeping these two goals in mind, consider using sheer fabrics, faded patterns, and antique fabrics or fabrics that look aged.
- You can create several designs for shabby chic window treatments. The shabby chic style highlights architectural features in a room. Create a window box or ballast to create architectural interest in the room and to highlight the window.
- Create long curtains that puddle on the floor. Simply measure the height of the top of the window and purchase or make curtains that are longer than this height. This extends the wall and makes the window become a focal point.
- Enhance the lighting of your space by hanging your curtain rod at a lower height and hang it in front of the window. For example, have the upper half of the window exposed to allow in the natural light. Combined with natural and sheer fabric, the room will experience a tremendous amount of natural light in the room.
- Drape vintage fabrics from the curtain rods to create interest. Different types of fabric can be used to create a window treatment. For example, flags, scarves, lace or any other light and airy fabric can be used to create interest and focus in your space.
- Shutters are also an interesting idea to use with shabby chic window treatments. Paint and distress the shutters before attaching. Then attach your shutters with hinges to the inside of the window. Leave the top half of the window open to allow natural light to fill the room while still maintaining your privacy.
- Use unusual objects and materials to create a unique shabby chic window treatment. Dish towels, flour sacks, vintage lace and satin, can offer unique choices to create a space that is truly reflective of you. Precious items can be showcased through your window treatments and offer a unique look that you can enjoy for years to come.